CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE
CALLED TO SERVE

Monday, February 04, 2013

FAREWELL ELDER SCHMEIL GONNA MISS YA...2/4/2013

MY  NEW  PAD


HELLO HELLO HELLO,

ITS YOUR FAVORITE TIME OF THE WEEK, THE WEEKLY LETTER FROM ELDER WADE DRAPER!!!!! (yaayyy)

Well in this weeks edition, "Heat From Hatii's Storms Courtesy of Virrey del Pino"! OMG(osh)! The heat here these past few days has been terrible, I have been so nauseated while treking! Seriously you cannot imagine how hot it is and we have been doing allot of walking! Despite the heat we did have a decently good week!

ELDER  SCHMEIL




Well my gramps (Elder Schmeil) died last week (Returned With Honor) rand is now home in Brazil studying at some big university in Brazil, so wishing him well always and forever he is "The Pinnacle" of a Missionary!


WELCOME  HIM  HOME  BRAZIL












Gonna miss ya bud you have been the BOMB!!











Well as of right now we have 4 people with baptismal dates. They are progressing pretty well, 2 of them in particular! Leo, who I wrote about awhile back, has been coming to Church, but it is super hard to find a time to teach him. We taught him yesterday afternoon and he accepted a date for the 23 of February! Karen the second of the two, is a sister of a member and just had a baby like 2 weeks ago! She is sooo great, really quiet, but she has been coming to Church and has been responding really well to the lessons! She has a date for the 16 of this month!

I have been getting to know allot of the members better in the ward! Some of my favorites are the Zeniquel family! He is the Bishop, and his wife Olga is absolutely hilarious! Since Virrey is PRETTY DANGEROUS she always carries something heavy in her purse or bag, so if she gets robbed and they want her bag, in her own words "Im gonna give em my bag!" haha. I also have come to love the Vera family! He is Elders Quorum President and his wife is the Relief Society President, they are make me laugh alot and I mean alot! I also love the Lopez family. They have been members for almost a year now, and they are just great! Hermana Lopez reminds me alot of my mom!

"baile folklorico"


Last Friday the Ward had a "baile folklorico" where they did some dances from the Bolivian culture and other countries... I wanted to see a Tango but that was, I am sure considered to "RISKY", however there is an Hermano in the Ward who sings Tango, and he sang a couple of songs and it was absolutely fantastic!








Also this past week, we had lunch with a member family from Paraguay, and I tried a bread called chipa, it has like cheese, and some herbs and it is sooo good! She is going to give me the recipe. I have also fallen in love with a desert here called flan! I dont know if we have it in the states but I am hoping yes!






Well this morning we went to a gym down the street from our Pens´ because a member owns it and said we could work out on P-days for free, holler! Wonder Woman and I were so down for that!











Alina is cutting my hair today so keeping my fingers crossed all goes well!

My how time flies, transfers are next week and I am keepoing my fingers crossed I stay here. Not sweating it to much since I reallyjust got here!

Hope yall have a good week, stay sweet kids! LOVE LOVE LOVE YA'LL!

Love,
Elder Wade Draper

 


 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment