CALLED TO SERVE

CALLED TO SERVE
CALLED TO SERVE

Monday, December 16, 2013

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE...HAPPINESS AND CHEER...SANTAS BAKERY..12/16/2013

Well Hello Hello,

Elder Draper here with a shout out from Ramos, where I am  rehearsing Christmas Carols for the one and only Buenos Aires West Christmas program! 

Wow I can hardly believe we are in that time of year again... CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but first lets talk a little bit about how my week went!

Well still trying our best to gain some confidence with the members! There is a family here that I really get along with well, named the Family Breppe! The husband just recently got baptised in August and they are really great! They have 4 kids, 3 sons and a daughter and I get along really well with both the sons Nico and Seba, so I am super excited to get to know the family more! I told the Hermana that I love to cook and so she told me she is going to take me up on that offer!
 
We are going to have a baptism this Saturday, 10 year-old girl Morena, she is the grand daughter of a recent convert. She is super smart and super excited for her baptism and has just made a ton of progression!
 
Also right now we are working with a family from Paraguay, and they are equally as great... they just need to gain a testimony.  The dad used to go to the Church, but now he doesn´t seem to interested and always leaves or finds something to do during the lessons, so we are gonna try and focus in on that with him and find his need. We are also working with a young couple, Ismael and Daniella, they are living together. They want to get married so they can get baptized... but the government here is so difficult and when they went to the government place to get a date they told them they have to go in April to get a date for May... so we are looking for a lawyer to help us pull some strings, so we can get them married and baptized.  Right now they are the investigators that are progressing very nicely and have a strong desire. Ismael´s mother is an active member.
 
Not sure if all has heard by now but there was a rather larger tornado here in Marcos Paz so the clean up is on tap for me this Pday as soon as I am finished but hey were all OK right, however it is very very hot hear like nauseating HOT!
 
My feet continue to heal nicely and I am thankful for answered prayers and vinegar! LOL 
 
Well Christmas time is right around the corner and our kitchen has turned into Santa's bakery! One of the Elders that lives with me, Elder Cardozo from Misiones Argentina, and I have just been baking up a storm for the members and getting things ready.  We are planning on doing some Christmas Family home evenings these next couple of days and delivering our goodies, I think that will help me gain some confidence with the members! =D
 
I was asked to give a talk yesterday in Church, my theme was Endure to the End.  It really  was such a wonderful experience to study up on the topic. I learned allot in the study and how it applies to Missions ! There were 3 things that I rung home on Enduring to the end.
 
1. Do good works (boy scout day)
2. Serve Others
3. And follow the example of the Savior
 
It really was a complete blessing to learn more about these things and how we can really endure to the end and endure well.
 
I will not be emailing next week because I will be skyping my family YEA so I hope all of your reading  has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
 
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
BE GOOD, STAY ON SANTAS NICE LIST! =)
LOVE YA´LL!
 
Love,
Elder Wade Draper

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas....we read your blog every week and wish you the best

    ReplyDelete